UK Diploma in anesthesia Technician One Year Course
Diploma in Anesthesia is diploma programmer which deals with the basic applications and functions of anesthesiology. The course helps students learn the procedure of preparing patients by anesthesia methods and procedures before the surgery.
What is anesthesia Technician?
An anesthetic technician is an allied healthcare worker who performs a patient care role predominantly assisting with the administration and monitoring of anesthesia and has an extensive knowledge of anesthesia techniques, instruments, supplies and technology
Roles and Responsibilities of Anesthesia Technicians:
· Stocks anesthesia supplies and drugs in all operating and delivery suites. Maintains adequate supplies of medical oxygen, nitro us oxide, and air.
· Consults operating room schedule to determine equipment needs for special procedures and prepares operating room accordingly.
· Maintains,calibrates, and troubleshoots anesthesia department equipment according to instructions and protocols of equipment manuals. Cleans and disinfects anesthesia equipment after use.
· Hospital based jobs
· Jobs in ICU's
· Private clinics with surgeons
· Post operation rooms
· Instruments and equipment assistant
· Applied Human Anatomy and Physiology
· Introduction to Anesthesia
· Physiology of Anesthesia
· Metabolic response to stress and Trauma
· Pharmacology of Anesthesia
· Post Anesthesia care rooms
· Defensive Anesthesia